Sunday, May 9, 2010

Jonny Forever and Ever

Jon Pierce shot by Hedi Slimane. All photos from Hedi Slimane Diary.

While it's definitely awesome to see your best friends skyrocket to rock stardom, there are also some major drawbacks. They're on tour 90% of the time, or busy hanging out at Hedi Slimane's house in California, having dinner with Gaga and taking hikes with Gus Van Sant. Then, when they're home (for four days at a time), plans have to be made at least three months in advance--dinner in June, and meet up in Goteborg in August at Way Out West maybe? And when they do contact you, it's from their secret IM accounts under fake names that you don't recognize. When Jon IM'd me last night from England, "Hey Tiff, I miss you, I've been thinking about you and your husband" I immediately thought "INTERNET PERVERT!" and almost deleted him from my friend list. Seriously. But then there are those glorious moments when I see Jacob and Jon plastered across the cover of NME or watch The Drums broadcast on the BBC, and Jimmy and I both simultaneously yelp with glee. Which is exactly what I did when I saw these pictures Hedi Slimane shot of Jon during his last visit to L.A.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment