Monday, October 19, 2009

Scandinavians Do It Better


On Saturday night, I was hanging out at my friend Chet's apartment, when I noticed a giant hooded cardigan lying on his bed. I immediately grabbed it and asked what it was, and not surprisingly, found out it was made by Swedish-born designer Lars Andersson, for whom Chet freelances as a press agent. I'm a sucker for nice knits, since quite frankly, they're difficult to find; items that meet the requirements of being warm and practical, as well as being stylish and wearable are a rare occurrence. The cardigan I found on Chet's bed had comforting appeal of a snuggie, but rather than draping like a clunky grandma sweater when he put it on, it gave him the appearance of a Blade Runner era Dark Lord. It only seems natural that some of the best knitwear comes from a Scandinavian, given their familiarity with freezing weather, and I'm definitely thinking of picking one of the unisex pieces up for our own bracing New York winter. Here are some of my favorites, with Chet modeling some of the sweaters himself.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment