Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blood Curdling Chic

Sheefun Chan for Ann-Sofie Back sunglasses. Photo by Ann-Sofie Back.

Halloween is coming up, and shockingly, we only have a vague idea of what we want to be, and how we're going to execute it. It doesn't seem half as exciting now that we make outfits and costumes for ourselves on a year-round basis, in addition to the fact that I can no longer look forward to making off with pillowcases stuffed with candy at the end of the night. All I know is that I refuse to dress as a slutty nurse/cop/kittykat/whatever, or do anything that involves wearing fake wings from Ricky's. In spite of the kitchy crap out there, I do always look forward to being able to pick up ghoulish things to wear all year: black lipstick and nailpolish is cheap and plentiful at every drugstore counter, and fake eyelashes are suddenly available in every color and variety imaginable. Still, my favorite creepy item of this season are the blood-dripping sunglasses that Sheefun Chan designed for Ann-Sofie Back's Carrie themed Fall 09 show. Chan, who also designed all the dream catcher jewelry for the collection, made them in both black and red, and I know that I if I had them, I would wear them long past Halloween.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment