Saturday, October 24, 2009

Antti Asplund on Finnish Project Runway


I stopped watching American Project Runway a while ago. After Bravo's sham of a replacement, The Fashion Show, and the tepid Lifetime Channel revival of the original program both produced unspectacular contestants and terrible clothes. Perhaps it might have been more interesting if I had known any of them (Christina knew two of the contestants on this season's Project Runway, which compelled her to watch at least a couple of episodes), so I could at least have somebody to root for.

Thus it's somewhat disappointing that they don't broadcast other Project Runways from around the world over here, cause my friend Antti Asplund is a contestant on this season's Finnish version. I can't vouch for the quality of Project Runway abroad (I saw a few clips of the Canadian version, which seemed disastrous, even with Iman hosting), but just taking a peek at some of the pictures from their website, it's worth tuning in just to see the progression of Antti's neckwear from day to day. Whether it's a Elizabethan poet's ruff made out of newspaper, or a wee marionette man hanging from his neck, Antti never ceases to surprise with his outlandish attire. I swear, he gets crazier and crazier every single time I see him. I might not be able to watch the show (and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to understand it!), but trust me, I'm rooting for him hardcore.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment