Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Night Set list

Stella McCartney chain embellished dress, Coven sweater, Topshop headband, Iosselliani ring, Gerard Yosca gem cuff, Forever 21 leaf cuff

I spend almost as much time downloading music as I do reading fashion blogs (meaning I spend entirely too much time on the internet). Anyway, here are a few of the songs that have been on heavy rotation on my DJ set list of late. Most of these videos don't actually have any content, but listen to the music anyway. I've been listening to these songs all day and I can't wait to go to TriBeCa Grand tonight.


Skeleton Boy (Air France Remix)- Friendly Fires. This song makes me a little bit sad that summer's over.


Love The Night Away- DJ Kaos. There's something really sweet, upbeat, and throwbacky about this song that makes me think of dancing the night away at Paradise Garage, if I had lived through that era.


Boy From School (Erol Alkan Remix)- Hot Chip. This is an old favorite of mine which I will never get tired of. Alkan remixes it with some Balinese Gamelan sounding chimes, and somehow makes an already brilliant song possibly even better.


We Never Fly Away Again- Black Devil Disco Club. I only discovered them when they performed at our former Webster Hall Party the week after we moved our party to Butter. While we unfortunately missed their performance, all my friends kept on texting and begging me to get them in, so I knew that they had to be good.


Empire State- Jay-Z & Alicia Keys. Just in case you missed this performance at the VMAs. I know it sounds silly, but watching this ode to my hometown still gives me chills, even though my husband is the real Jay-Z fan in the house (and thinks the song is kinda cheesy).


Can You Tell- Ra Ra Riot. This is one of my favorite songs of all time, but even though I crank it in my own house, I only play this as a "it's time to go home kids" nightcap song when I'm out.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment