Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rodebjer Spring 2010

One of my favorite leather jackets, styled with a pair of Rodebjer's new line of sunglasses and a paisley print scarf

Today I stopped by my W29 Showroom for their press day, and finally got to snap a few pictures of the Spring 2010 collections that I got a chance to ogle a couple of months earlier. While I have plenty of pictures from all the collections to show in upcoming posts, my top priority was getting shots of one of my eternal favorites, Rodebjer. Even though Carin Rodebjer just had a baby, she still managed to produce one of her most impressive collections to date, including her new 10 x 10 line, a limited edition high-end collection, of which only 10 pieces are produced per garment.

Though Karin was unfortunately not present today to explain the collection, her inspiration board revealed pictures of a young Patti Smith on stage, as well as The Spark's album Kimono My House, and there was definitely a sense of 70's rocker channeled through Rodebjer's refined styling. Sequins, draping chain detail, and perforated leather are major staples of the collection, but never fall into any of the trite rock'n'roll cliches that abound these days. Instead, they are rendered in softer, draping shapes and looser bodies that provided the perfect counterpoint to their edge. Rodebjer's girl isn't a groupie, but her own woman, which is what I love about these pieces.

This leather blazer is on my wish list

One of the sequined 10 x 10 dresses, featuring a beautiful window pane inset

This full length leather coat has the best ballooning shoulder detail

I'm definitely going to try and order this printed tee. The new sunglasses also looked really good.

Another favorite from the 10 x 10 line was this double-breasted dress with plenty of buttons

This is one of the few leather dresses I've ever seen that wasn't made to be overtly sexy, and I love its classic appeal

A 10 x 10 dress with a printed silk top

I love the contrast between the demure sillk top and the leather bottom of this dress

A 10 x 10 dolman sleeve dress with chain details
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment