Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Petrouman Spring 2010


On Monday afternoon, I had the pleasure of viewing one of my favorite collections thus far, my friend Nicolas Petrou's new line of menswear, Petrouman. I already had seen plenty of images of the collection, so I had an idea of what to expect, but I was totally floored when I walked in to find a sea of male models covered from head-to-toe in boldly patterned body stockings that brilliantly mimicked the lookbook shots. Apparently, these models were very good looking underneath, but who could tell under the bodysuits, which zipped up in the back, and had a somewhat creepy covered mask over the face, ensuring complete anonymity. While the bodysuits could have easily stolen the show, the clothing layered over them was equally bold: hand-stitched sequin embellishments, tank tops constructed from loosely crochet suede cord, intricately patchworked tees and dress shirts, and plenty of distressed, slashed and shredded fabric. It was a visual feast, and a welcome jolt from the safety of many of the shows that are presented at New York Fashion Week.

The designer, Nicolas Petrou, on the far right

One of many patchwork tees

I loved the sequined detailing on the hood of this not-so-basic hoody




There were plenty of sequined knee patches and spiked sandals

An embossed pleather jacket

An embossed pleather vest

A razor cut jersey tee gave a peek of the bodysuit underneath

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment