Monday, September 21, 2009

E.M. Eternal

Spikey earrings, rings and necklaces from the new Spring collection

I spent yesterday and today working the Designers & Agents tradeshow with one of my favorite jewelry lines, E.M.. In spite of the grueling schedule, I actually really enjoy working most of the shows, since it gives me a good chance to preview a lot of the Spring collections in person. While most of the designers at D&A aren't my style (I noticed a bunch of booths showcasing what I can only describe as slutty hippy chic, like Britney Spears attempting boho), there were definitely a few standouts (which I will write about another time).

One more observation: did you know that they've actually started to manufacture pre-shredded fabric and making entire clothing lines out of it? While the garments don't bear the signature irregularities that most home-shredded tees do, I'm sure that once they're worn a couple of times they'll look identical to the originals. They were actually quite beautiful, but I have a feeling that if they're being mass produced, they're quickly on their way into "victim" territory, along with the many other trends that I have once loved, but which I now see in the window display at Strawberry.

Anyway, I'm heading over to work at Coterie tomorrow, but I thought I would share some pictures of E.M.'s Spring Collection, which features tons of spikes mixed with swags of chains. The designers never cease to impress me with their almost magical level of technical skill and attention to detail. I could go blind trying to figure out how they do exactly what they do.

These shoulder-dusting fringe earrings and spikey starbursts were a favorite amongst buyers

I loved the rings in the center, which featured piles of cubic zirconia stones stacked on top of each other

A draping fringe necklace, and a fringed two-finger ring!

Some pieces from the MEHEM collection, which has plenty of stacking rings
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment