Friday, September 11, 2009

Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons x Odyn Vovk


Leather and vintage ebony piano key harness. All photographs from Scoute

I'm still hungover with a major migraine from last night's FNO festivities (thank you to everyone who stopped by Mimi's!), so I'm sorry if we're a little behind on the posting. On Wednesday night, Christina and I stopped by St. Mark's Church to view the Odyn Vovk show, where, inconveniently, my camera completely ran out of batteries. Luckily, there were plenty of other people who captured the show, and you can see it on Jen's blog (her husband was one of the models), or on the Scoute blog. While Christina was really feeling the metal boys who walked the show (totally her type), I was most impressed by all the jewelry, created by Christina's friend Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons. The pieces in this collection were made mostly of vintage ivory piano keys, horsehair, and scraps of leather left over from the Odyn Vovk show samples. Here are a couple of my favorite pieces from the show.

Leather and horsehair necklace

Leather and vintage ivory bib

Leather and vintage ivory breastplate
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment