Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Days of Summer

Lanvin x Acne dress, my Mom's shoes, Forever 21 headband, Charles Anastase sunglasses, Triskaidekaphobia friendship necklace, Iosselliani ring

What better way to spend Labor Day weekend than fighting it out at the final days of Barney's Warehouse sale. I don't have much money to spend right now, but by Friday the sale had hit 75% off (of 75% off), which ends up being somewhere around 95% off. While the goods were pretty picked over and damaged, I managed to find this Lanvin x Acne dress, reduced from $890 to $39, which is basically the same price as a dress at American Apparel, but with much nicer buttons, and made in Italy.

I've been wearing it all weekend, and since I picked it up for so little, it doesn't feel too precious to do all the messy things that I like to do, like eating sloppy pork huaraches and fried tacos at the Red Hook Ball Field vendors. Jimmy and I have been meaning to make it out to taste the famous food carts all summer, and it's definitely worth the trip, even though it's not exactly convenient (unless you're on the way to IKEA). I highly recommend stopping by before they close in October.

My excellent pork huarache from The Country Boys food cart at the Red Hook Ball Field
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment