Thursday, November 27, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving Gratitudes

Wearing my new Marc Jacobs wool coat with a vintage raccoon fur stole.

In the tradition of the lovely amazing Ginny Branch, I thought that this would be the appropriate time to list a few things I'm thankful for.

1. My husband Jimmy, who makes me a 4-star restaurant quality meal almost every night of the week, and wowed my entire extended family at Thanksgiving Dinner (even though he's a Swede!) with his pasta in gorgonzola cheese and portobello mushroom sauce.

2. Getting together with all my family and cousins to play Rock Band at least a couple of times a year.  I'm starting to get pretty decent on the guitars and drums...

3.  Being so lucky that my two best friends, Christina and Nicollette, just turned out to be the best business partners.  Sharp, creative, resourceful, and still the craziest party girls in Manhattan. We get shit done, girls!

4. My new warm coat---I've been wearing it without a sweater or any layers, and I'm downright hot walking around outside.  I think I will be well prepared for winter.

5. Getting to meet and work with Ron and Laurie from Broadway East, restoring my faith that there are good people in the nightlife industry.  We can't wait to work with them again during the Screaming Mimi's 30th Anniversary Party!

6. Reading this hilarious article in the New York Times today about Scandinavia's loss of sex appeal, while simultaneously hearing my cousin tell me about the randy young Danish exchange students who came to the high school she works at as a librarian, who apparently performed strip-teases in the cafeteria and were scolded for undressing in the middle of a Broadway play.

7. All the cute kids who come out every week to all of our parties---We love you, and we wouldn't be anything without you.

8. Getting to eat leftovers tomorrow!

My Thanksgiving outfit of choice: Catherine Malandrino studded gold leather skirt, Brighdie camisole, Forever 21 Lace cardigan, YSL platform shoes, Urban Outfitter two-tone tights, necklace of my own design, Gerard Yosca bracelet.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment