Friday, November 21, 2008

An Ode to Wode



So, today I finally got to try on the seemingly mythical new Boudicca scent, Wode, which is looks like a can of spraypaint, and is colored an indigo blue that stains your clothing and skin momentarily, before disappearing without a trace.  I've been reading about the perfume in the press for months now, and was convinced that it was unavailable stateside, until I stumbled upon it at one of my favorite Lower East Side boutiques, Project No. 8, which also carries the Boudicca ready to wear line.  Before I even smelled the scent, I loved the idea of spraying the perfume on like warpaint, in the style of the line's namesake warrior queen, as well as the sleek silver spraycan packaging, complete with an engraved name tag.  Even though I don't own a single item of Boudicca clothing, I've always admired their designs, as well as their seductively idea-rich mission statement.

Now that I've tried the scent, which is meant to be unisex, and smells somewhat woodsy, musky, and soapy at the same time, I feel like it is on the borderline of being too masculine for my taste, since I'm a big fan of super feminine scents (I wear Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, Burberry Brit, and Theirry Mugler's Angel in heavy rotation).  Nonetheless, it would be a tempting purchase for Jimmy, if he would ever wear it (he wouldn't), or even just to sneak attack him in the middle of the night, which would probably be much more amusing...
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment