Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pin it.


All photos by depeapa

I am incredibly hesitant when it comes to signing up for all the various new social networking/oversharing sites that seem to be springing up by the dozen.  I generally feel overwhelmed by all of the activity on them, and rarely even check my Twitter feed anymore.  Nonetheless, being a blogger, I've decided to make an effort to become more connected, and I finally signed up for Pinterest today.  Even though I don't know how often I'll end up using it as a pinboard, I did enjoy seeing what my friends were pinning, and discovered a few new things I wouldn't have found otherwise.

For example, I came across depeapa, a crafty jewelry line from Granada, Spain designed by illustrator Veronica de Arriba. The concept is incredibly simple: a small piece of ceramic printed with one of de Arriba's illustrations.  The jewelry, as well as the books, totebags, and shirts that are also sold on the depeapa Etsy site, are meant to be a vehicle for de Arriba's designs, allowing people to walk around wearing her work.  Small and sweet, and priced at $29-$35, hard to resist.






-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment