Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!


Stockholm's gems don't always immediately reveal themselves, and I've found that you often have to hunt them down.  That said, it isn't so much of a surprise that it took me so long to make my way to Bukowski's, a famed auction house in Ostermalm.  Of course, it isn't the type of place I'd normally visit, as I don't have the funds to be making bids on anything outside of eBay.  Nonetheless, it's always fun to look, and when my friend Marcus, who works at Bukowski's, invited me to the opening of their latest vintage auction, I didn't realize what a treat I'd be in for.

The pre-auction exhibition features lust worthy vintage designer goods, including an abundance of Louis Vuitton trunks, Chanel jewelry, Hermes scarves, and pretty much everything else an aspiring label-whore could dream of.  For added viewing pleasure, everything is presented in a museum like setting, but at this museum, you're allowed to touch and try on what's on display.  A look at their online auction catalog reveals prices that are too steep for me, but probably bargaineous compared to the original prices.  For example, I would be highly surprised if this hilariously kitchy Chanel bag and pump set, adorned with tennis balls, went for the estimated price of 200-250 euros.  They're only one of the many fun items up for grabs, which will give me and my fellow brand-obsessed friends something to save towards.

Louis Vuitton motorcycle helmet, YSL dress, Chanel necklace

Left: Pucci dress, right: Katherine Hamnett dress

Alexander McQueen dress, Chanel straw hat

My favorite piece of vintage jewelry

Balmain dress

Louis Vuitton trunk and bag

Louis Vuitton trunk and Chanel jacket

Odicini Couture dress, Hermes scarves

Hermes scarf and bracelet, Versace pumps

 More Louis Vuitton 
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment