Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Mary


I don't know how exactly I missed the Mary Katrantzou x Longchamp collaboration, but in all the fuss over the designer's latest collection for Topshop (which I also went a little crazy for, but more on that another time), I neglected to notice her less-hyped, and similarly priced new bags, which are also arriving in stores now.  The bags, which are inspired by an East meets West theme, are done in the same style as her interiors collection, and features digital recreations of fantastically imagined rooms.  Architectural elements are mixed with other signature Katrantzou motifs like cascading flowers, gilt ornaments, and brash color combinations.  One bag even includes the undulating wooden staircase of the Longchamp flagship store in New York.  While I'm not normally a big fan of the brand, I certainly wouldn't mind wearing the logo when it's combined with a fun Katrantzou print.



-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment