Sunday, October 24, 2010

Silk Road


I might have said it already, but one thing I'll never get used to about fashion is always thinking one season ahead. While I'm busy putting together my Fall/Winter wardrobe and slowly piling on the layers, the spring collections keep on parading past. My friend Margarita Saplala's collection definitely has me longing for summer again, even if it has just barely left us. This season Margarita was inspired by her permanently warm-weathered homeland of the Philippines, and she incorporated many of the floral prints of traditional Filipino fabrics. The prints are given new life in stretch-silk leggings, slouchy silk tees, wide-legged trousers, and mixed silk and knit sweaters. Put them all together and you have an outfit that's perfectly suited for a balmy day in Asia.







-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment