Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rainbow Coalition


For Spring 2011, Meadham Kirchhoff designed the most sophisticated Harajuku girl collection of my dreams. Each look is so strong and so perfectly styled, I have to admit, when I saw the clothes in person at the London Show Room, viewing each garment separately felt like seeing them out of context. They didn't seem quite complete without the rainbow hair, the funny patchwork socks, clunky sequined shoes, and the ornate Nasir Mazhar headpieces. Thankfully, I had all the runway images on hand, laid out in the Lisa Frank-style lookbook of my grade-school fantasies, to guide me through how the pieces should be worn. Normally I don't advise lifting looks straight off the runway, but when it's this good, you kinda don't want to mess with it. Just looking at it makes me want to revert to my teenage hair-dyed days, but I know that if I tried the rainbow color combo every member of my family (husband, parents, brother) would think I was having a personal crisis. I will have to settle on pouring over these images over and over--I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.








-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment