Sunday, October 10, 2010

Master Craft


After many years of hard partying in very very high heels, I've officially messed up my feet. Without going into inappropriate TMI detail, they are beyond mangled at this point, and give my husband a good scare (when he deserves a good scare, as he often does). I have an entire closet filled with pumps, boots, and beautiful shoes that are collecting dust, and I'm constantly on the lookout for nice and comfortable flats to add to my completely inadequate selection of reasonable walking shoes. When I saw George Esquivel's Spring presentation, my eyes were opened to a dizzying array of options. Esquivel is an experienced cobbler known for his incredibly crafted handmade shoes, and he presented an assortment of women's, men's, and unisex styles, with nary a high-heel in sight. Inspired by the architecture of Frank Gehry, each shoe offered a decidedly new spin on a classic style. Highlights included suede brogues in eye-popping bright colors, lace-up boots and ankle booties with peekaboo cut-outs, and some T-strap sandals with twisting leather details which revealed flashes of gold.







-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment