Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Sales

I know I often mention New York sample sales, which is a bit unfair to many of my readers, who don't live here. However, I do spend an unconscionable amount of my spare time online window shopping, and there are currently plenty of amazing stores and designers offering up incredible discounts off their e-commerce sites. While ASOS and Urban Outfitters are obvious stops for online bargain-hunters, here are a few sales that are a little bit off the beaten path, but worth checking out.

The Moon and Mars
I might be slightly biased in loving this site (we sell our jewelry line here), but you can't deny that there is an incredible selection of designers. Most of the spring merchandise is currently 30-70% off, and I'm personally eying a Stine Goya jumpsuit, a mesh tee from Teamo, and an Asli Filinta bunny tee. There are also a few pieces from Triskaidekaphobia on sale, as well as new additions from our Pre-Fall collection!

Stine Goya printed jumpsuit from The Moon and Mars, originally around $320, now around $160. I really want this, but have a feeling that I'm just too short to fit into it properly without doing some major alterations.


Fatal
How did I just discover this store? I happened to be searching for Bernhard Willhelm, and this Minneapolis-based site popped up as one of the few U.S. retailers that carries the designer's women's collection. Their list of designers is very similar to the now-defunct Welcome Hunters store, with plenty of hard-to-find labels like Ground Zero, Daniel Palillo, and KLING by KLING, in addition to avant-garde standbys like Henrik Vibskov, Jeremy Scott, and JC de Castelbajac. Their spring merchandise is currently 25-50% off, while past season clothes are reduced by up to 80%!

Henrik Vibskov dress from Fatal, originally $495, now $99.60.


Antti Asplund
My dear friend Antti Asplund is having a sale at his store in Helsinki, with stock also available online. Honestly, I should have posted this sooner--since I got word of the sale two days ago, half of the stock has already disappeared! I think the t-shirt says it all...

REGRET tee from Antii Asplund, around $40


Blackbird
One of my besties, Chet, runs the online store for this Seattle boutique, where we will also be selling our jewelry this fall. They're in the midst of their semi-annual clearance sale, and you'll find discounted Repetto shoes, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair dresses, and Helmut Lang sweaters.

Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair tube dress from Blackbird, originally $220, now $133.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment