Friday, July 23, 2010

Jersey Girl

Demon Babies tee courtesy of Blood is the New Black, American Apparel bra, Ostwald Helgason x ASOS leggings, Alexander Wang shoes and sunglasses, Antti Asplund cross necklaces, Miu Miu bracelet, Triskaidekaphobia ring.

I'm sure you're already familiar with Blood is the New Black. If, for some reason, you don't recognize the name, I'm certain that you've at least seen the work. In music videos, at concerts, riding the L train. These are just a few places where I've spotted the t-shirts in the last few days alone. Basically, the ubiquitous t-shirt line is all around you, even if you aren't aware of it. And why not? Everyone loves a tee, and in the height of sticky, humid, New York City summer (it's been topping 90 on a very regular basis this month---whywhywhy), who can be bothered with putting on much more than sweat-absorbing, machine-washable jersey?

What make Blood is the New Black different from your average t-shirt line is that rather than obscuring the artist behind the graphics, the company seeks to showcase emerging talent, with the end goal of promoting their careers and introducing their work to a wider audience. Artists in the current lineup include Brian Lichtenberg, Skye Parrot, Keren Richter and Kime Buzzelli, and you can browse the website by the designer. And since they're tees, everything on the site is super-affordable (around $10-$40).

Last week, they offered to send me over a few tees, and after going through the hundreds of designs and styles available, I chose out a couple of designs from Demonbabies and Sumi Ink Club. I immediately put on the Demonbabies Hex Mex tank that I got, and I can already tell it's going to be a summer staple. I love all the evil eyes and the pair of hands, and the whole design reminds me of Rasputin, who will always fascinate me as one of history's biggest creepos. Anyway, here's a peek at some of the other current designs from the Blood is the New Black Summer 2010 lookbook.



Anybody else love this iconic image from The Night Porter?



-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment