Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Classic With a Twist


One of my husband's most cherished sartorial items is a pair of black Church's brogues that he bought to wear at our wedding. They're definitely a classic item, and I expect that he will wear them for the rest of his life--or at least until they fall apart. I myself have been looking for the perfect pair of brogues for a while, but feel like the Church's versions are slightly too traditional for my taste. I've seen a couple of quirkier pairs at places like Topshop which have caught my eye, but quality wise, they can never measure up to the classic craftsmanship of Jimmy's pair. Then I came upon Dieppa Restrepo, a line of elegantly crafted brogues, oxfords, and loafers, which were beautifully crafted, but designed with a slight twist. They come in a mouthwatering array of colors, and manage to balance timeless styles with a modern flair. With prices that hover around $225, they aren't cheap, but they're about half the price of a pair of Church's. I'm definitely planning on saving up for a pair from their new additions for fall.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment