Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Red, White, and Blue

Miu Miu dress, vintage Pierre Cardin scarf, H&M sandals, Forever 21 hat, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses

On Friday afternoon, I met up with my friends Ashley and Erin for a snack and some shopping in the East Village. While we were walking down 11th Street, I caught the hem of a dress sticking out of the racks of a vintage store and immediately recognized it as one of my favorite pieces from Miu Miu's harlequin collection. I walked in the store, looked at the tag, and to my surprise it was priced at a mere $40; apparently the store owner thought it was vintage, and wasn't familiar with Miu Miu. When I tried it on, it fit, but the zipper was sticky, and Ashley bargained the dress down to $30 for me. The dress has a couple of stains and needs a good dry cleaning (smells a bit like the previous owner, ickickick!), but it was one of the best deals I've ever found, and perfectly suited for the Forth of July. I've been wearing it all weekend, starting with a free Woven Bones and Beach Fossils concert at South Street Seaport on Friday night, and today to my friend's barbecue. I look a lot more patriotic than I actually am, but for once I'm proud to have a President that stands for values that I believe in. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

This girl was also wearing a red, white, and blue outfit. I loved her shirt!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment