Monday, March 8, 2010

Viva Vibe


I sadly missed seeing Vibe Johansson at Rendez-vous this season--I had to rush through the show since I had other commitments, and didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I like visiting old friends and seeing all the incredible new designers. Luckily, I received these lovely lookbook images in my inbox a few days ago. Vibe, who is based in Denmark, creates pieces that have a quintessentially Scandinavian avant-garde edge and muted color-palette, but never sacrifice their sense of femininity. Working with thick wool, fine jersey, and soft lamb leather, Vibe creates luxuriously tactile pieces that also put a high priority on the wearer's comfort. I'm particularly smitten with these images, showing a brilliant tubular knotted fabric necklaces/scarf, a perfectly asymmetrical leather jacket, and a draping jersey top that's just-the-right-amount of revealing.




-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment