Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Forward


I don't know about you, but if there is one trend that I've fallen for this spring, it's the deluge of neutrals and pale pinks that flooded the runways. While I loved the sea of beige that Hannah McGibbon presented in her collection for Chloe, the entire look is slightly too mature for my tastes--I might be an adult, but I don't know if I'll ever be ready to be that grown-up looking. It looks too much like everything in my mother's wardrobe, and though I'm known to steal clothes from her here and there (I just nabbed the perfect cream-colored coat), on principal I refuse to be seen in the same exact outfit as she would wear.

Lucky for me, Brooklyn-based Shape Shiftr's spring collection strikes the perfect balance of being elegantly and enigmatically chic, while maintaining a distinctly youthful edge. Designed by Meghan Laverly and J'aime Lizotte, who have worked at AsFour and Armani, the line is "an investigation of the constant change in silhouette and form motivated by geometry." I love the silk trapeze tops and the paneled leggings, all rendered in that perfectly palette of neutrals. And, as is the case with most of my favorite young designers, you can find Shape Shiftr at Pixie Market.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment