Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunshine State


I'm not much of a sunglasses girl. I own a grand total of four pairs, two of which are nice (Chanel and Charles Anastase), and two of which were once janky accessories to Six Six Sick party outfits (heart-shaped Lolita glasses, and a pair of geriatric-style drugstore blue-blockers that I found at the bar at Brooklyn Bowl). Lately though, I've been feeling a conspicuous lack, and last season at Coterie, I put in a personal order for those Alexander Wang cat-eyed sunglasses, which I'm still anxiously awaiting. Apparently I'll have to wait till April, since personals are the last of the order lot to be fulfilled, leaving me with a serious craving for some quality shades. Therefore I pretty much doubled-over with material-lust when I stopped by the Foundation Showroom last week and took a peek at Ksubi's latest collection of eyeware. While the range contains some classic aviator styles, the highlight for me were the bolder styles, like the multi-colored printed Wayfarers, or the translucent sunglasses which looked like their edges had been out-lined with contrasting Sharpie markers. I also love the round glasses that have the cartoonish appearance of half-opened eyes. Maybe I will become a sunglasses girl after all.


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment