Monday, April 13, 2009

Favorite Non-Fashion Related Links

1. Cute Boys Make Me Nervous Now that I'm married, I don't go around looking for cute boys anymore, and when I do talk to them at my parties I feel compelled to constantly project asexuality, less they get the mistaken impression that I'm hitting on them. On the interwebs, I can gawk at cute boys without having to awkwardly blurt out the word "husband" when it's completely inappropriate. This site was made for me.



First Aid Kit covering Fleet Foxes-Tiger Mountain Peasant Song, found on Elbo.ws. This video gives me chills.
2. Elbo.ws a music blog aggregator with a blog icon that looks like 66S DJ Micprobes (who incidentally introduced me to the site). This is my go to place for new music and downloads.


Architecture in Helsinki performing Heart It Races in a La Blogotheque production.
3. La Blogotheque A French music blog that features weekly "Concerts a emporter," or take away concerts, with the best indie bands performing songs on the go. My French has gotten so piss poor that I can barely understand this site anymore, but I can still enjoy the music. My personal favorites are their concerts with Arcade Fire (in an elevator), Malajube (on the streets of Paris), Animal Collective (in a grocery cart), Scout Niblett (in a stairwell), The Fleet Foxes (in the park), and The Hidden Cameras (by the river).

4. Smalltalk Swedish singer/songwriter Jens Lekman's blog. Like Kanye's but better.

5. Sweet Fine Day Supercute blog run by a Brooklyn couple who own their own baking company. It features plenty of perfectly presented recipes for the most delicious looking sweets, all accompanied by beautiful pictures. Plus, they have the most adorable kids ever.

6. Bloesem The best inspiration for decorating your tiny New York apartment on a budget.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment