Friday, April 10, 2009

I <3 Maise

We were given a choice between the two styles above, and ended up choosing the sorbet orange tie-dye pair on the right.

I loathe buying pants. Nothing will make you feel fatter than repeatedly pulling on and off ill-fitting pairs of jeans, and it always alarms me when I fail to fit into the size I think I am, which inevitably is much smaller than the size I actually am. When Suzanne from W29 offered us a pair of jeans from Australian label Maise, I was flattered, but secretly dreaded having to go through the whole sucking and squeezing process that would be required for the tight looking pants presented. Surprisingly, I managed to wiggle in without a problem, and although they were slightly snug, the jeans fit Christina and I perfectly. Save for one little snag---they're meant to be cropped mid-calf, but due to our homunculus proportions, they actually fit us like normal pants! We were given the option of a pre-distressed dark denim version, and a sorbet-orange tie-dye wash. Christina convinced me to chose the orange pair, and now we've added another matching item to our 66S wardrobes. I can't wait to wear these jeans through the spring and the summer!

A couple more styles from the Maise Spring 09 collection, including this perfect light washed pair on the right, which I'm tempted to order for myself.

Christina wears her Maise jeans Blossom style, with a Marc x Marc Jacobs sweater vest, vintage lace vest from Screaming Mimi's, Loeffler Randall x Target flats and a vintage felt hat.

Wearing my Maise jeans Blogger style, with a DIY shredded tank top, elastic bralette, Topshop Unique heels, Margarita Saplala scarf, studded leather cuff from St. Mark's Place, and Devaki floppy hat.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment