Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day to Night

Daytime: Topshop Unique cardigan, Future Classics top, Minimarket shorts, American Apparel bra, Marc x Marc Jacobs flats, Antti Asplund necklaces.

During the day I usually favor bright colors and patterns or over-accessorized Luella Bartley styled feminine attire, but during the night, I spend 4-5 nights a week out at places where the only colors that the eye can register are black and white. Therefore my nightlife clothing (outside of our matching 66Sick outfits) usually consists of various shades of black, white and grey, with flashes of gold and silver, and I usually prefer cutting a really strong silhouette than making a bold color statement. It's such a drastic contrast to what I usually wear during the day, that I believe that most people who only see me out at night wouldn't recognize me if they bumped into me in my diurnal attire. Actually, I know this because it happens like, once a day. I guess I live a double life, at least sartorially speaking, with the only thing remaining consistent being a slight streak of mental insanity. Still, there are a few pieces in my closet that transition well from day to night, and can fit my dual style personalities. One piece is my Future Classics top, which I bought at Opening Ceremony a couple of years ago. I wore the above outfit all day while I wandered around Williamsburg window shopping yesterday, and then changed it up a little to make it more appropriate for our night out hosting at TriBeCa Grand.

Nighttime: Future Classics top, American Apparel bra, H&M skirt, DIY Gareth Pugh boots, Devaki hat, Gerard Yosca cuff.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment