Monday, January 30, 2012

V Ave Shoe Repair Fall 2012: X-Ray Vision


Not that this is of any great importance to anyone but myself: I am missing New York Fashion Week for the first time in seven years because I am currently not allowed to travel back to the states under my Swedish visa.  I'm already having a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out), and I even made a list of the shows I'm most looking forward to seeing from afar for NBC's The Thread.  Nonetheless, I am enjoying a very cold Stockholm Fashion Week right now, and will also be heading down to Copenhagen on Thursday.

V Ave Shoe Repair is always one of the most highly anticipated shows of SFW, infusing a much needed jolt of drama into the mostly minimalist feeling Scandinavian fashion scene.  The collection was inspired by contrasting human hand craftsmanship with forms created from 3-D computer modeling, and the show juxtaposed V Ave's signature draping and deconstructed silhouettes with sculptural accessories that jumped out from the body while simultaneously caging it in.  The designers were also inspired by X-Rays, and their ability to show the inner workings of the body.   In some cases, the inspiration manifested itself in a literal manner, with light up accessories framing certain parts of the body, and in other cases, it was alluded to through the transparency of the garments.

You can see more of my photos from Day 1 of Stockholm Fashion Week on Papermag.com.










-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment