Sunday, January 29, 2012

Winter's Bone

All drawings by Laura Laakso

We're deep in the heart of winter here in Stockholm, and while I'm counting every added minute of the lengthening day with an obsessive fervor (7 hours and 50 minutes of daylight today!), I know that we still have a long way to go before the sun truly comes back.  With that in mind, I've been kinda digging all the cross-country skiers in my neighborhood, all the snowmen popping up only to get peed on by dogs on their walks, and all the confused and aggravated babies being pulled down the sidewalks and shoved down hills in their miniature sleds.  I am also obsessed with these illustrations by Laura Laakso  that I found in Monki's magazine, which actually features some pretty good content to supplement their tastefully put together catalog of inexpensive sartorial offerings. The first two illustrations are from Monki, and feature articles of their clothing, and the rest are from Laakso's other projects.  I think all of them perfectly capture the mystical, magical, and also somewhat miserable, Scandinavian winter.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment