Friday, June 11, 2010

Look What Came In the Mail...

Alexander Wang sunglasses, Alexander Koutny top, Lerario Beatriz skirt, VPL sandals, 'shark tooth earring and bull shark jaw necklace.

After waiting for approximately nine whole months, I finally got my Alexander Wang cat eye sunglasses in the mail last week. I did a personal order for them at the Coterie show in September, and even though they were supposed to arrive in February, it seems that they were massively backlogged with store orders and re-orders, being that they pretty much sold out everywhere. I'm not a very patient person, so as you can imagine, I was emailing and calling non-stop to see when my beloved sunnies would arrive. They got here just in time for summer, and are the perfect addition to my very small, but mostly strange collection of sunglasses.

I'm going to resist saying something inane about how they're life-changing, but I've been wearing them everyday for the past week and they've certainly changed my style, as I've found myself in the curious position of determining my entire outfits based around my gigantic sunglasses. They're such a massive statement in and of themselves, that I have to tone down my usual choice of attire quite a bit. Yesterday I wore them out to the Vane x Sebago store opening party, and paired them with two of my latest sample sale finds, an Alexander Koutny top that I picked up at W29 Showroom and a Lerario Beatriz skirt designed by my former boss, Ana Lerario-Geller, at the Fiftytwo Showroom sale. Since I can't wear most of my favorite hats with these oversized sunglasses, I opted to keep it simple and put my hair up in braids, although it took me quite a while to create since I never ever do my anything to my hair...

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment