Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New York, I love you

New York, I love you (but you're bringing me down) from katja hentschel on Vimeo.



Last month, I finally had the pleasure of meeting Katja Hentschel, the fabulous lady behind the street style and party blog, glamcanyon, and the recently launched travel blog, Travelettes. While I've been virtual friends with Katja for a while, the last time she was living in New York, I was living in Stockholm. We met up several times on her latest visit to the US, and she's just as outrageous and amazing as I expected her to be. And even though both Christina and I are pretty terrified of video cameras, Katja managed to convince us to do an interview for Travelettes. While the interviews aren't up yet (don't expect me to tell you when they are!), Katja made this video documenting her week in New York before she embarked on her cross-country tour. I think it perfectly encapsulates the mood of the city during the summer, which is the city of my dreams, in spite of the loneliness and alienation which many people feel when first visiting such a large and overwhelming place. We make a couple of appearances, as do our friends Jermaine Jagger, and Zana of Garbage Dress.

Hopefully the next time I see you Katja, it will be in Berlin (which I find a bit alienating, but hopefully you can show me otherwise), and we will be throwing a party together!

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment