Thursday, June 3, 2010

flip*flops for fall


This weekend, I not only got to borrow a pair of flip*flop MURKUDIS from the spring collection, but I also got a sneak peek at the new Fall line. Transforming flip flops into something wearable for fall seems like a daunting task, but then again, the entire appeal of the flip*flop spring collection is that they don't resemble traditional flip flops at all. For fall, they've held on to their signature thick foam platform soles, building on them to create a slew of adorable leather and faux shearling boots. Most of them are in a restrained, neutral color palette, but the tall faux-fur lined group (which can be worn as knee high boots, or folded down to create a fur cuff) also come in a variety of wild floral and paisley prints, and black horsehair.

While I borrowed two pairs from the collection, they were way too large for me, in addition to being seasonally inappropriate in the current scorching New York heat. I did however slip my feet in to see how they feel, and the platform shape and the foam material make for a very comfortable fit. If it wasn't so hot, I'd probably layer on a couple pairs of socks and try and take them out for a walk! Anyway, here's a peek at the lookbook, and for those of you who are interested in getting your hand on the flip*flop MURKUDIS spring collection, they are currently available online at Kostas Murkudis's brother's store, Andreas Murkudis (I guess they're the Richard and Eddy Chai of Germany).
























-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment