Monday, April 18, 2011

Cool Kids Never Have the Time


Who remembers being in high school and sneaking out at night to party after your parents had gone to bed? Not me, actually. I always loved a party (high school was pretty amazing), but nonetheless mostly abided by my curfew, and if you had my mom, I'm sure you would too. In fact, if I ever had snuck out, don't think I would admit it, less she find out while reading this blog and decide to punish me belatedly.

Designer Risto Bimbiloski obviously was much cooler than I was when he was a teen, and he reminisces about these innocent times in his Fall collection. His girl apparently does a lot of sneaking around behind her parents' back, and the outfits are imagined to be her school uniform mixed with a cricket sweater stolen from her Dad's closet, or a suede trench plucked from Mom's working wardrobe. Risto also adds his signature prints to the mix, this time creating horn patterns, and a bushy fur motif that's supposed to resemble the white tail of a deer named Bambi. Rather than focusing on innocence lost, the collection runs through the metamorphosis from naivete into sophistication, which in this case means becoming a little wiser, and a little better-dressed.








-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment