Friday, February 5, 2010

Two of My Favorite Things


Even though the City Bakery Night of Knitting falls right in the middle of Fashion Week madness, and I know full well that I already have other obligations penciled in, I'm going to try my best to make it out. How can I miss out on two of my favorite things: City Bakery's endless flavors of extra-rich hot chocolate (the best, after Angelina's in Paris), and a night of knitting with some of my favorite yarn shops (Wool and The Gang). Perhaps it will even inspire me to finish the endless Rodarte monster-sweater project that I've been working on for about two months now. Tickets are $30 and include dinner and unlimited hot chocolate (!!!). Here's a little more information from the website:

"Experience the full flavor of City Bakery's 18th Annual Hot Chocolate Festival.

A one-night only opportunity to taste at least six City Bakery hot chocolate flavors. All-you-can eat Special Night of Knitting and Hot Chocolate Dinner, wine and beer.

Enjoy a full menu of "hot chocolate" inspired knitting how-to workshops from NYC's favorite knitting stores, plus a yarn spinning demonstration:
- Marshmallow Man
- Hot Chocolate Mug Cozy
- Marshmallow Hat
- Chocolate Bar Coaster
- Intro to Knitting

A collaboration between City Bakery and Brooklyn General Store, Downtown Yarns, Gotta Knit, Knitty City, Purl, and Wool and the Gang.

Hot chocolate lovers, beginning knitters and experienced knitters who want to knit their own projects are all welcome."
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment