Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Gift Guide: For All The Fashionable Girls in Your Life

Holiday season is upon us, and while I have already received my Christmas present (a Marc Jacobs winter coat that I can't stop talking about), there are a couple of things I'm still wishing for.  Though I won't be getting anything more this year, perhaps my wishes can serve as holiday gift ideas for all the fashion addicted women in your life, in a decent range of pricepoints...
1. As if Alexander Wang's black motorcycle style bags weren't sick enough, for Pre-Spring he's releasing his hobo sac in dirty white.  Wang is quoted as saying, "Whenever my friends buy white bags, like, pristine white, they’re trashed within a week. I always liked that look. And with the dirty white leather, it’s like we did the breaking in for you."  I love that look too---it reminds me of a pair of white Marc by Marc Jacobs boots I used to have which quickly became wonderfully scuffed and worn in, and which I wore to death.  Approximately $795, exclusively available at Barneys New York.



2. There's nothing I would like more than a Fifi Lapin drawing to hang on my wall.  I love all of the pretty illustrations of Fifi Lapin wearing different designer outfits from the latest collections, and this picture of Fifi wearing Maison Martin Margeila made me swoon. $45 at Fifi Lapin.



3. The Dolphin Studio Calendar is a hand silk-screened calendar made by a family of artisans living in Massachusetts.  I love the beautiful bold prints and graphics, and that every member of the family, including the kids, contributes designs for calendar months.  I gave my brother a little hint, and he's getting it for me for Christmas.  $50 at The Dolphin Studio.

4. I've always loved Works on Whatever, a series of everyday objects designed by artists, and this year's selection of beach towels is particularly stellar.  I'm lusting after the giant Ed Ruscha towel in particular, featuring words against a sunset colored sky.  The best part is that revenue from the sales benefit the non-profit organizations mission of introducing contemporary art to a larger audience.  $50 at Works on Whatever.



5. Yokoo's giant knit Pembroke Cowl is like the alpha version of my H&M circle scarf that I wear just about every day.  It looks super warm and perfect for the winter months, and reminds me of the Sandra Backlund's amazing knit pieces, but at relatively affordable pricepoints.  Plus, they're handknit by Yokoo herself, and are available in a range of colors.  $115 at Yokoo's Etsy Shop.



6. I usually borrow my books from the library, but I am starting to buy books that I know I will come back to for inspiration for the rest of my life.  This Lanvin book is the perfect addition to any fashion addict's collection.   $53 at Amazon.


7. I've been wanting a Comme Des Garcons wallet for a long time now, mainly to replace the crappy, beat up Lulu Guinness wallet I've had for years---it's just so hard to chose the perfect color.  Nonetheless, they come in every shape, and size possible, to satisfy any girl or boy's specific needs.  Available at Opening Ceremony.



8.  You can never have too many D.L. & Co. Candles.  They smell absolutely divine, and come in the prettiest packaging, which you'll want to keep long after your candle has burnt out.  A true luxury.  $85 available at Barneys New York.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment