Friday, December 19, 2008

Highly Evolved

Top: My new Miu Miu wallet, that I got as a Christmas gift from Ashley, bottom: my ghastly old wallet that really needed to be retired.

So, recently I've been complaining about how badly I need a new wallet, given the sad state of affairs of my Lulu Guinness billfold.  I picked up the old thing three years ago at a sample sale for $25, given the even sadder state of the wallet before it---I wish I had a picture of it---a straight off the streets of Shanghai $5 gift covered in smiling cartoon bunnies and candies that literally disintegrated after three months.  It was even stolen, and then returned, as the thief didn't want to have anything to do with it.  At the time, the Lulu Guinness wallet was a huge step up, while retaining the childish colors to distract me from the fact that money isn't really that fun, especially when you're parting with it.  As of lately though, the once white background has turned into a frightening shade of brownish black, and it looks like it's more likely to carry Hepatitis than a thick wad of bills.  I obviously wasn't the only one to take notice of this, and Ashley, being the BFF4L that she is, was so amazing to present me with this new candy-covered Miu Miu wallet for Christmas.  I couldn't be more thankful to have a real grown up wallet which still isn't too serious.  All I have to say is that it's highly evolved from my bunny and candy covered wallet of yore.  Thank you Ashley...

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment