Sunday, December 21, 2008

Going to San Francisco...

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony mesh paneled dress, DIY shredded thermal, Rachel Comey boots, H&M star covered fishnet tights, Antti Asplund cross necklace, and studded bracelet from St. Mark's Place.

Thank God for the holidays. Weather permitting, I will be flying out to San Francisco this evening to spend Christmas with my Father's side of the family, so I might not be hanging out here on the blog that much next week.

Anyway, Christmas, and Christmas cash, couldn't come any sooner, as I have been in desperate need of some spending money to keep up with the rampant fire of sample sales that have been going on for the past six weeks. This Friday I stopped by the Opening Ceremony sample sale at 11 AM sharp, right when doors were scheduled to open, and found a long line had already developed. Lucky for me, my old friend Lauren was standing at the very front of the line, with a new friend that she had made, Ciana, and I was able to go in with them. It turns out they had been waiting in the snow and sleet since 9:30 AM. And I thought I was hardcore. We quickly dashed in, hoarded our goods in massive piles, and then went through the lengthy procedure of trying and eliminating. Even though the prices weren't amazingly cheap, I was still very happy, since I managed to leave with two items I've been eyeing in the store for the past year.

The first is a Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony sheer paneled black jersey dress, that had the added bonus of being designed by my super-talented friend Madeleine when she worked as a designer at O.C.  It was originally priced around $275, and I got to snag it for $75. The second piece was a Burfitt high-waisted denim miniskirt which I've been lusting after since I lived in Sweden, and which finally went down from around $475 to $90, which is more in my ballpark. Not exactly a steal, but definitely a deal.  Now it's off to marginally warmer climes...

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment