Monday, December 29, 2008

Harputs Market

Zana from Garbage Dress was wearing this amazing Diana Brinks dress and Jeffrey Campbell open toed boots when I met her at Harputs. She was also wearing a DIY elastic harness---coincidentally, we made a very similar one for 66Sick a couple of months ago too!

Although I haven't had much free time to myself on this Christmas vacation, at Lulu's suggestion, I managed to squeeze in a trip to Harputs Market. Even though it is located on a relatively unassuming section of Fillmore Street, just outside of Japantown, it was well worth the visit. The store workshop style store houses their own label, which can be tailor made on the premise, as well as a large selection of Margiela and Pleasure Principle, better than any I've encountered in New York.

The highlight of the visit though was meeting Zana of Garbage Dress who works at Harputs.  Lulu had instructed me to introduce myself to Zana, who was wearing an incredible outfit, including a pair of Givenchy style open-toe lace up black leather boots, which she revealed were from Jeffrey Campbell. She was incredibly nice, and I definitely encourage anyone visiting S.F. to stop by the store and introduce themselves.  Since I've been terrible about taking pictures during this trip (my computer access has come largely from the Apple store), I've posted some pictures that she took for her own  blog.  Now it's back to New York...

Zana took a picture of me outside of Harputs wearing my Martin Margiela bra leotard, Marc Jacobs coat, Joseph leather skirt, Rachel Comey boots, Kova & T leggings, Topshop Unique cardigan, H&M scarf, Gryson for Target bag, and Antti Asplund cross necklace.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment