Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drive My Car: The Sartorialist x Fiat

Scott Schuman giving a talk about the work in the exhibition

This past Friday, my friend Benny Liu helped put together an event at the pop-up Fiat Gallery in Soho featuring the photography of The Sartorialist. Since Fiat is an Italian car company, the exhibition focused on Italian street style, and a small selection of shots that Scott Schuman had taken in Milan. Like most people, I'm used to viewing Schuman's photography on my computer screen, so it was quite dramatic to see some of those shots blown up to a large format. The entire setup of high-profile blogger + glossy car showroom could have gotten stiff, but Benny is a veteran of setting a scene, and Black Dice provided a nice counterpoint to the overly proper environs with their DJ set and performance. However, the real highlight was getting to make some new friends, like Jeffrey Williams, the winner of Bravo's The Fashion Show, and a very sweet blog reader named Donatella, who has a nice DIY blog of her own.

My turn in the Fiat, even though I don't really know how to drive

Jeffrey gets behind the wheel

Black Dice


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment