Saturday, May 14, 2011

Comme As You Are

Comme des Garcons jumper, Comme des Garcons x H&M jacket, shirt from Bangkok, Banana Republic tights, Alexander Wang boots, Devaki hat, Charles Anastase sunglasses, French and English Confectioners backpack.

As soon as I got word of the first ever Comme des Garcons public sample sale in New York, I was jumping with excitement. Brandon, who is a Japanese designer fanatic, was hoping that word wouldn't spread while simultaneously leaking the information to everyone within earshot. Of course it didn't end up being much of a secret, and by the time I got there on the first day of the sale, there was a long line looping around the block. No matter. Some things are worth waiting for, and all of my friends who waited patiently to enter alternatively described it as "Christmas" and "heaven." I went with the intention of finding a plaid red jumper from the Fall 2008 collection that I had once made the mistake of letting go when it was severely discounted at Saks. I've kicked myself ever since, and knowing that the sale would be full of archival pieces from previous seasons, I set about to find it. I was lucky to grab the only one that I saw at the sale, and even though it still cost a pretty penny after 70% off, it was certainly worth it. Can't wait to see what everyone else got!


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment