Friday, October 2, 2009

The Bold and The Beautiful

My favorite, the Crustacean Cocktail Ring

I'm still kicking myself for missing Ann Yee and Piper Tree Jewelry's presentation in the Fashion Week frenzy. As a jewelry designer, I was particularly looking forward to taking a good look at Alexandra Lauro's leather, shell, and crystal jewels. Lauro's design aesthetic is completely different from my own, yet I'm totally enamored by the chunky, colorful pieces, that utilize the natural beauty of uncut and raw stones and crystals. While I usually find most crystal jewelry a little too hippy-dippy for my taste, I love how Lauro uses crystals to create bold pieces of giant proportions; my favorite has to be the Crustacean Cocktail ring, which explodes across your finger in a three-dimensional kaleidoscope of colors. If you're in the market for a serious statement piece, I definitely suggest you take a peek at her Etsy store.

Spirit Grain necklace

Another Crustacean Cocktail ring

A giant toggle bracelet

A couple of her necklaces, including another awesome cross-section piece
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment