Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Must be the season of the witch...


For Spring 2011, Gary Graham was inspired by a city girl moving to the country. Kinda like me going on vacation in Stockholm (if you, like me, consider Stockholm the country). However, the styling looked a bit more sinister than a simple jaunt upstate (or to Sweden) would suggest. Rather than imagining Graham's girl on a vacation in the rolling Catskills, I imagine an adventure more akin to The Blair Witch Project. The clothes were gorgeous, but stylistically disheveled and purposely distressed looking, as if the models had gone on an excursion in the woods and never found their way out (I would like to add that this is a real phobia of mine, and having had to walk home through the woods in the middle of the night in Stockholm alone several times during my last vacation, I ended up running in a frenzy fearing that the baby vampire from Let The Right One In would drop down and eat me). Even though the aesthetic was slightly tattered, each piece was still perfectly refined. The looks were composed of pieces that were clearly vintage inspired, mixed with more modern draping styles and digital prints. A tad bit bohemian, but incredibly cool. I would definitely try to re-create the look at home--just don't expect me to take a long walk in the woods afterwards, cause this city girl knows where she belongs.









-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment