Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Awakening

A photo taken by Elizabeth at the Nylon x Topshop party. Mom's custom made jacket, Diana Orving top, Missoni dress, Vivienne Westwood x Melissa shoes, vintage turban, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses and bag, Triskaidekaphobia necklace, Iosselliani ring.

My Mom was recently kind enough to give me a bunch of her old spring jackets that she no longer wears. Even though I love hand-me downs (they make up half of my wardrobe), I still have issues with wearing the same exact clothes as my Mom, for fear that it might be age inappropriate. As stylish as she is in her own right, her wardrobe will always be filled with Mom clothes in my mind. One of the pieces she gave me is an asymmetrical white jacket with a non-functional zipper detail that she and my Aunt had custom made in China. They both have about half a dozen versions of the same jacket in different colors, and when she offered me this one (which was too small for her), I initially demurred. Still, as soon as I put it on, I realized that it fit perfectly into my wardrobe, and even reminded me a tiny bit of Ann Demeulemeester. I also picked up a long, cream-colored coat that she bought in London years ago, but never wears. I can't wait to wear them for spring!


Mansfield coat from my Mom, Comme des Garcons x H&M blouse, Phi bra, Prada skirt, Chanel boots, Triskaidekaphobia leather ruff collar.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment