Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cornified.

Mischen dress, DIY Rodarte leggings, vintage crochet coat from a clothing swap, Chloe shoes, necklace designed by my mother, Rue ring.

I am a secret lover of the garish, the tacky, and the overtly camp.  Last summer alone I acquired three hot pink dresses, and I've never been one to shy away from loud color choices in my clothing.  I think it all goes back to my childhood love for Lisa Frank, My Little Ponies, and Hello Kitty, while growing up in the era in which neon clothing was invented.  Thus, when I discovered Cornify, via  Raben-shwarz, it was a pleasant flashback to my stickerbook days.  The site allows you to "cornify" any photo that you upload with images of shimmering unicorns, sparkly ponies and rainbows.  I went to town with a picture of an appropriately pink outfit that I wore out to our new party on Saturday at TriBeCa Grand.  It seemed extra appropriate, since I wore my notoriously scorned crochet coat, which I got from my friend Duolan in a clothing swap years ago.  My friend Lauren (of Fops and Dandies fame), who usually is pretty polite in her outfit critiques, repeatedly emphasized how much she hated the coat, and when I've worn it out in the past, I've been compared to a sheep on acid.  Perhaps the coat is a little bit awful, but that's why I like it so much.  Here I am in all of my cornified glory:


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment