Friday, May 18, 2012

It's All Ancient Greek To Me...

All photos by LN-CC

Practical summer sandals usually make me weep from boredom.  I've acquired my fair share of gladiators, and various other inexpensive iterations of the necessary basic, which I usually wear into the ground before unsentimentally tossing them in the garbage by the time fall rolls around.  Sometimes, it's worth paying a little more for something that you'll be spending so much time in, and this summer, I'm planning on picking up a pair of Ancient Greek Sandals.  Recently launched by former Balenciaga shoe designer, Christina Martini, the sandals are inspired by bits of Greek mythology, and are hand crafted from vegetable dyed leather.  Even though Vivienne Westwood and Jeremy Scott have both made recent versions of Hermes's winged shoes, I think that Martini's version takes the cake: simple, minimal, but winkingly cute, much like the messenger god himself.
 




-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment