Sunday, April 29, 2012

Springtime in Stockholm


At Prins Eugens Waldenarsudde. Stine Goya x Weekdays dress, H&M tights, Dieppa Restrepo tights, Devaki hat, Triskaidekaphobia necklace

I haven't been posting much lately, as I've been out enjoying my last few weeks in Stockholm.  I'm moving back to New York very soon, right as the days are becoming gloriously long (the sun is going down around nine) and the weather is finally taking a turn for the better.  I spent this weekend relishing spring at two of my favorite museums in Stockholm, Prins Eugens Waldemarsudde, and Millesgarden.  While neither are very centrally located, they're a must see if you happen to be in Stockholm during the spring or summer; both are located on fantastic grounds, and best visited while everything is in bloom.  They also give a peek into what it was like to have a fun and fabulous life in Stockholm at the turn of the century.  Prins Eugens Waldermarsudde is the former castle residence of Swedish Prince Eugen, and contains his private collection of art.  Millesgarden is the former home and estate of artists Carl and Olga Milles, and includes a sprawling sculpture garden filled with Carl Milles's work.

Of course, spring wouldn't be complete without the Cherry Blossoms at Kungstradgarden.  I went to see them twice this weekend, and took some photos with Gabi after our visit to the Dansmuseet (more on that tomorrow).  I know I whine a lot about winter in this country, but I have to say, springtime is pretty wonderful when it finally arrives.


Millesgarden

Millesgarden

Millesgarden

Millesgarden

Cherry Blossoms at Kungstradgarden. Stine Goya jumpsuit, ASOS feather jacket, Ursidae New York scarf, Monki sunglasses, Triskaidekaphobia necklace

Gabi at Kungstradgarden
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment