Thursday, December 15, 2011

Everyday Hero


My friend Aapo recently started working at Finnish Elle, and his new job has included some awesome business trips.  On a recent visit to attend some fashion-related parties and events in Warsaw, he met Polish designer Robert Kupisz, who got his start as a celebrated hairdresser before deciding to launch his clothing line in the spring.  Robert's collection is very Aapo, and of course he sent over the images for me to have a look at.  For winter, Robert was inspired by the historical Polish heroes of the Warsaw Uprising, the rebellion staged by the Polish Resistance to liberate Warsaw from the Nazis (I admit, I had to do a little Wiki research, as Polish history isn't exactly my area of expertise).  While the inspiration may be serious, the overall feeling was uplifting and lyrical, with a strong sense of national pride.  I look forward to seeing more from Robert, who can be seen modeling his menswear collection below.






-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment