Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching Up On My Addictions

I'm a bit under the weather today, and I don't have the energy to do a real post, so I thought I would do some catching up.  First, I want to thank Jane from Sea of Shoes for listing us as one of her Favorite Blogs right now.  Jane is such an awesome source of inspiration, with a reach of knowledge and culture that extends way beyond fashion, and ranges from Tony Duquette to Corbu (two of my own favorites). 

Second, Laura from PUG and PIPS tagged me to list my five addictions. Since I've become a professional party girl, relaxing and staying at home has become quite precious to me, so forgive me if my addictions are more along the homely lines.  Here it goes:

1. DIY Rodarte.  Having been successful with my last 3 projects, I have become so obsessed with doing the Rodarte knit (which is not only easy, but quite therapeutic) that I'm afraid that if the Mulleavy Sisters find out, they will slap me with a Restraining Order.  Okay, so I might not be dressing up as Kate or Laura, but my husband noted last night, "Whoa, what are you doing?  Are you trying to make the whole outfit?"  Yes sir, I am.  I have some really good DIYs coming up, this is just a small sneak preview....

2. Hot Chocolate.  The only reason I've been leaving my house during this month-long arctic chill is going down to the Starbucks (I know, I'm so lame, but I swear they put opiates in that stuff so you keep on coming back) and ordering a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate or a Peppermint Mocha Twist.  I can't wait till it's February and Hot Chocolate month at City Bakery.

3. Pandora Radio.  I don't think I can live without my Pandora.  Whenever Jimmy touches the dial to change it, I scream.  It's like College Radio catered to your own personal taste.  You type in your favorite bands, and they make a radio station around the band, and play similar artists.  You can further refine the selection that they present by clicking on whether you like the song that they play or not.  The radio stations that I've been listening to the most: Architecture in Helsinki, Animal Collective, David Bowie, Fleet Foxes, The Knife, Le Loup, and Magnetic Fields.

4. Gossip Girl.  My friend Jonas once told me that my most attractive addiction was humidifiers, and my least attractive addiction was eggs.  He might have to retract that statement after he hears about Gossip Girl.  This is the addiction I might go to hell for, especially since I went to one of the all New York private schools that the show is based on, and should be way beyond the trifling teenagers and mean girls of yesteryear.  It's so real, and it's so not, and even if this season has gotten absurdly soapy, it doesn't mean that I'm going to stop watching it, or that I'm not completely stoked to hear about the ridic Rufus-meets-Lily spinoff series in the works....

5. Bloglovin.  I know this is the second website I listed, which means I really need to get out of my house and away from my computer (and television!), but I seriously check this site almost as much as I check my email.  Ha, I think I just made myself gag.  All my favorite blogs (see the links to the right!) in one place---better than a subscription to WWD.

Now I tag Pamala, Mariane, Ginny, Alfie, and Lulu.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment