Friday, September 12, 2008

All Tomorrow's Parties...

LaViola Banks Gallery Opening with Dom, wearing Mischen leather jacket, Kate Moss for Topshop Dress, Gerard Yosca Necklace & Kiel Mead cuff.

Fashion week is finally over, although it will be market for the next month, which means that Is still won't be able to get any sleep until I leave for my honeymoon in two weeks. On Monday, I started freelancing at fiftytwo showroom representing all of their jewelry and accessories lines (more about that later), so I couldn't make it to many of the shows during the day except for Araks, who's beautiful line of lingerie and WRTW is represented by fiftytwo. Christina and Nicollette helped out at Richard Chai and Doo.Ri, and will soon be posting some backstage photos.

However, I did make some time for some parties. First off, thank you to everyone who came out on Tuesday night to support us, and a big thank you to Dom for lending us the AntoineDom shirts. Once again, they're now available at Oak as part of the bondage line.

Even though we were still hungover from Tuesday, we went out on Wednesday to celebrate the opening of one of my best friend's galleries on the Lower East Side. Allegra and I have known each other since kindergarten at Chapin, and now she has used her experience in the art world to open up LaViolaBank Gallery with her partner Michael Bank Christofferson, an expansive two story space lined with an impressive selection of American and Scandinavian contemporary artists. Afterwards, close friends ate dumplings and drank the rest of the night away at the cozy afterparty at Clandestino.

Yesterday night was even longer. Right after work, I threw on the acid yellow Mischen SS09 dress that I fell in love with at the show, and ran up to my friend Joseph Altuzarra's cocktail reception. Joseph is an old friend of mine from Swarthmore, who has worked at Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, and most recently, designing under Ricardo Tisci at Givenchy. He's launching his first collection for SS09. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to publish any photos at the moment, but trust me, you'll be seeing a lot more of his name around, and Style.com already has dubbed him the "New Boy Wonder" in their feature on 22 to watch for Spring. I then ran down to Milk Studios, where there was an enormous line for The Last Magazine Party. The line was too long, so I picked up Ashley, and pregnant party mama Araks. Even though she just wrapped up an entire collection, has a young son, and another baby on the way, Araks was out, rocking some dangerous YSL platforms, and Araks SS09 clothes, naturally. What an inspiration. True party girls never retire. We then had a quick dinner at Bacaro, before stopping by for the Seven Party at Tribeca Grand. Too packed to be enjoyable, I left shortly to have the mandatory hour of QT with my husband, who I've seen way too little of this week. Now it's off to Le Royale for some Fashion Week wind down drinks. I'm looking forward to watching London from the comfort of my computer screen...

Birthdays are a Bitch. Nicolette wears a Screaming Mimi's dress; Christina wears a Barneys New York Dress, a Stella McCartney belt, and Marc Jacobs boots; I wear a Maison Martin Margiela bodysuit, a Rick Owens Sweater, a Prada miniskirt, and Marni heels.


Ashley at Bacaro, wearing a Mischen dress and a Lerario Beatriz headband.


At the Seven New York/Hint Magazine Party with Steven, wearing the yellow Mischen dress I borrowed from the showroom.
-Tiffany



No comments:

Post a Comment